Sunday, June 08, 2008

leaving

I know I have to go but it's like I don't wanna leave. Family, friends, love one/s, travels with friends and love one/s, and all the comforts Cebu has offered me - these all came playing on my mind as I stroll my luggage towards the airport check-in counter. But unlike Hollywood movies, I stepped into the plane without somebody shouting from behind to have my plane stopped, while struggling with security guards professed her undying love to me. No. This is real life though it didn't stop me to pause and look behind just to see if somebody familiar was there. But all I see are faces of strangers minding their own businesss and minding others as well. This is it.

I've been away from the country a few times but the feeling of going away for good is different. All of those trips I was excited to leave but this time I feel sad. Sad and anxious at the same time.

Geez! I never expected I can be this deep.

I've always known that I'll be leaving Cebu this year. I've known that since last year. On the last quarter of 2007, opportunities started to come in - USA, Europe and Asia. Obviously, opportunities in Asia were last on my list. I'm almost certain I'll go to Europe. I passed all the interviews. Then, the long wait. For more than 2 months, I didn't hear any word from them. 1st quarter of this year, I was invited to come to this country for the interview. All expenses paid. That was my first time to visit here and there's something in the place that intrigued me.

It's been more than a month since I left Cebu and all I can say is "okei-lah".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mag Camiguin-Cagayan Part 2 ta!!!

Tahooo... Tahooo...

splat said...

bitaw!!! nindota ibalik adto uy.. adto dayon ta sa mas kusog nga rapids...

Ylan said...

basin makuyapan na gyud ko anang higayona sa kusug na rapids! haha!

splat, ilisi ra gud na akong link palihug sa Ylan Pink mga Laag..
ilisi palihug ug http://beachisfun.ylangurl.com

salamat! :)

splat said...

sige, ma'am

melz said...

hay dili ko ka relate sa nung camiguin :(